R.I.P. Tim Lyons

For security reasons, you must register in order to read the www.SDMFworldwide.com forums.

Administrator

Post 10-20-17 12:10 PM

R.I.P. Tim Lyons

I have no words right now but Tim passed away this morning. :(
Be dangerous, unpredictable and make a lot of noise!

Suicide Messiah

Post 10-20-17 01:47 PM

Re: R.I.P. Tim Lyons

Bummer, that sucks. His version of "Bridge to Cross" is so awesome!

SDMFworldwide Resident Post-whore

Post 10-20-17 02:43 PM

KC Bastards had some really great tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uFvIcCkcY

Check them out, give them some clicks.

RIP.
Jaye: God damn, Anthony.

Location: Where will YOU be when the Chet Machine comes partying through?

Post 10-21-17 12:41 PM

I had no idea he was sick. This sucks. This really, really sucks... :(
"Well, I've had all that I've wanted of a lot of things I've had, and a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad..."

What Would Zanardi Do?

Administrator

Post 10-21-17 05:01 PM

He was only sick a few weeks. Got Jaundice and went to the hospital and got sicker and sicker. I don't know the exact details, I only talked to him one time after he got sick. Happened really fast I guess. Really fucking awful :( Only 32 years old.

Post 10-22-17 06:54 PM

I know I haven’t been around at all, but for those who didn’t know, I moved out to Kansas to help Tim get the Bastards started, but two and a half years ago we had a falling out, I was dismissed and we hadn’t spoken in that time. I was angry, I felt betrayed, and i thought he pissed away a 15 year friendship over some pretty petty shit.

I spent all this time hoping he’d fail. I’d never thought I’d never get the opportunity to make things right again. Band or no band, I’d known him since he was 17.

When Mikey told me he wasn’t doing too hot I was conflicted. After I found out he was back in the hospital I sat up that night and thought about seeing him the next morning. But the next day I got a call from Mikey saying he had just passed. And there’s your kick in the gut.

I can’t help but feel guilty over this. And I’m not going to be right for a while.
i thought i was gonna get attacked by a fucking elk. - Butters
"You'd be in heaven if they made mirrored tits" - bassplayer13
"stop your complaining and enjoy those tittys chet!" - LPP

Too Tough To Die

Post 10-31-17 03:17 PM

Holy crap! Just seeing this. Condolences to his family and friends. I never met him in person, but we talked a few times on here. I even still have my LIE cd I got from him. He was a good dude. :( RIP

Mass Murder Machine

Post 11-27-17 09:55 PM

Wow. Just seeing this. RIP.

Post 12-24-17 02:37 AM

Damn, just now seeing this. RIP Tim.

This has been a tough year for me personally, my mother passed away, months later my step father passed, now I'm reading this...I can't help but think there's a lot of people stepping out on this thing we call 'life' lately.
I can only hope that there's something better, something more peaceful on the other side of all of this. I'm not religious but I hope we carry on and we are at peace.

Nuff said.
Apparently I'm not drunk enough...

Administrator

Post 12-26-17 08:00 AM

Lone Wolf wrote:Damn, just now seeing this. RIP Tim.

This has been a tough year for me personally, my mother passed away, months later my step father passed, now I'm reading this...I can't help but think there's a lot of people stepping out on this thing we call 'life' lately.
I can only hope that there's something better, something more peaceful on the other side of all of this. I'm not religious but I hope we carry on and we are at peace.

Nuff said.

Agreed. Sorry for your losses buddy.

Post 01-14-18 02:27 AM

Deege wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:Damn, just now seeing this. RIP Tim.

Nuff said.

Agreed. Sorry for your losses buddy.

:beer:

Location: Where will YOU be when the Chet Machine comes partying through?

Post 06-02-18 03:24 AM

There's a San Antonio class LPD in port right now. It's not the New York, that Krow was on, but it reminded me of him again. Seeing this thread really brings to mind all the great friends and acquaintances, some of them from right here on this board, that have passed away. I have so many thoughts and questions, but all I can really do is be thankful for the time I've had with them, the time I have had with all of my friends and loved ones, and keep all of the departed close to mind. I think of Tim and Zak every time I log in here, and I miss them both. I didn't personally know Tim as well as Krow, but damn... it doesn't make it any less of an impact. Not sure why I'm writing this tonight, really -- just reflecting on what life has offered and taken over the years.
"Well, I've had all that I've wanted of a lot of things I've had, and a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad..."

What Would Zanardi Do?

Post 04-06-19 12:47 AM

Chet Ubetcha III wrote:I think of Tim and Zak every time I log in here

X2

Stronger Than Death

Post 10-31-19 02:23 AM

Chet Ubetcha III wrote:There's a San Antonio class LPD in port right now. It's not the New York, that Krow was on, but it reminded me of him again. Seeing this thread really brings to mind all the great friends and acquaintances, some of them from right here on this board, that have passed away. I have so many thoughts and questions, but all I can really do is be thankful for the time I've had with them, the time I have had with all of my friends and loved ones, and keep all of the departed close to mind. I think of Tim and Zak every time I log in here, and I miss them both. I didn't personally know Tim as well as Krow, but damn... it doesn't make it any less of an impact. Not sure why I'm writing this tonight, really -- just reflecting on what life has offered and taken over the years.

I haven't been on this page for years, but this does bring me back. and I'm sorry for all of your loss here. Tim seemed like a great contributor to this page and keeping everyone in the loop of his great music. I remember him showing all his great at-home studio sounds and being thoroughly impressed. as for Zak, there was a regretful part of me that hurt when he passed on because just weeks before he died, he constantly hit me up because he was on base here in Northern IL to go hang out with him and his Naval buddies. I couldn't get the time off to go see the guy but I definitely appreciated him inviting me and I wish I would have acted on it. Great people here, all of you!
Hee-Haw!

Return to NEW USERS READ HERE